|After Oakland Councilmember Larry Reid is accused of violating the City Charter in late March, a Facebook page is created in his support using his common refrain to allies, "You are my brother."|
1. “You know what?" said Reid in late June, "I don’t know, maybe I should freaking run for mayor of this city and the more I think about it, the more and more I’m just waiting for a signal from God.”
2. “I don’t like to use racism,” Reid asserted in an animated speech in July often met with thunderous applause during a hearing to discuss censuring Councilmember Desley Brooks, “but in this institution that I’m a part of, on this council that I’m a part of, racism is alive and well."
3. “And Dan, I just want to get to know you, bruh,” said Reid during the same meeting in July as he went down the line acknowledging each of his colleagues shortcomings and personal disagreements before getting to newcomer Councilmember Dan Kalb.
4. "Show me the money!" said Reid during a Coliseum Joint Powers Authority meeting in November to approve lease extensions for the A's and Raiders. However, when it came to the proposed Coliseum City, Reid disagreed with others over whether to laud its new investor group he went all Jerry Maguire.
5. With his back ailing him and clearly not in the mood to admonish one of his colleagues, Reid exclaimed, “I could be home watching Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.” In fact, he was serious. As he hobbled out of the council chambers, he added, "I love me some Guy [Fieri]."